When pavement deteriorates due to lack of maintenance, it can often seem like it’s at the end of its overlay-vs-microlifespan – and you may think you need to demolish and rebuild from scratch. But with an asphalt overlay, you may be able to get more out of your asphalt than you thought possible.
Like a facelift for your pavement, an overlay adds new life to older asphalt, repairing flaws in the existing surface and adding a new layer of pavement to the top – giving it a brand-new appearance for less.
Resurfacing your existing pavement with an asphalt overlay presents a number of benefits to your project – and your bottom line:
- Customizable: Choose the right paving thickness for your project type and expected amount of traffic.
- Improved Look & Durability: A pavement overlay will give your surface the look of a brand-new asphalt surface, adding as long as 10 to 15 years to your pavement’s lifespan. They can also reduce reflective cracking problems.
- Better Traction & Safety: Asphalt overlays provide improved vehicle traction and reduce safety issues like trips and falls.
- Lower Cost: Overlays are a less expensive alternative to full removal and replacement of your paved surface.
- Faster Completion: Pavement overlays take much less time to complete – usually just days. This minimizes downtime for your road or parking lot.
Before paving begins, we can repair any distresses in your existing surface, concrete curbing or other structures, and remove any loose material or water from the surface. This prepares your site for the paving process, where we apply a new layer of asphalt over the existing pavement, then compact and smooth it. Your surface is now ready for final touches such as parking stall striping, directional lines and arrows, speed bumps, signage and more.
Contact Economy Asphalt, LLC for your free quote!